Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Turn at the table

There are very few things that I don't like to eat. However, there are two food items that I don't much care for.... bananas and raisins. I once heard raisins described as humiliated grapes and I think it's a fitting description.

Having said that, Nubbin loves raisins (and bananas for that matter). Today he was eating raisins and shoved one 2 centimeters from my face and said, 'Here mom, eat it.' I gently explained that I don't like raisins and he looked at me and in his best 'mommy' voice said, 'No. You have to at least try it once. You might like it.' I frowned at him and he squashed the raisin between his fingers and said, 'I made it flat, so you might like it. Try it now.' Needless to say, I ate it... so, this is how he feels when I'm trying to get him to eat green beans. You have to walk the walk, right? oh, and I still don't like raisins.

No comments: