The boys are really into 'karate' and kicking and being boys which means wanting to hit anything that has a pulse. or not. I'm reading to them the other night and all the sudden Fafa blurts out, 'When I see a robin, I'm going to kick him in the butt!' To which the other one chimes in, 'And when he's finished, I'm going to throw the robin through the window and he's going to hit a tree!'
Alarmed at this sudden burst of violence towards a seemingly gentle foe, I asked them, 'So, you really want to hurt a little bird? Don't you think that's a little harsh?' In my best moral mommy voice, I added 'and that's not very nice to treat animals like that.'
Shocked looks greeted my soapbox lecture and the boys both chimed in, 'NOT a bird, a ROBIN!!' All the sudden it became very clear. They MEANT to say, robber not robin. 'OH! I think you meant ROBBER, not robin.'
'YEAH!!! that's it!! we're going to kick the robin in the butt'... Hilarious child laughter ensues followed by a grown up sigh of relief after realizing that my kids may NOT be destined for jail.
1 comment:
I just love reading your blogs! I was shocked too because both boys are so nice to creatures. Whew! Glad for the ending. Love, Nana
Post a Comment