Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Give Them An Inch...

...and they take the whole mile.  I decided to let the kids pack their own lunches as I've seen many of my friends and neighbors do.  They're 5 and 6 and fully capable of doing this chore.  This comes on the heels of Nubbin asking for more chores in order to earn money. 

Well, Nubbin did a great job.... turkey and cheese sandwich, apple slices, chex mix and a cookie for snack... Fafa?  well, let's just say I'm coming up with guidelines this afternoon for healthy choices to 'help' them make good decisions.  He packed 2 cookies (one in it's own ziplock bag), apple slices and water.  He was quite pleased with himself, so I didn't steal his thunder... but, husband's concern made me think that I should have laid down the ground rules beforehand.  More independence will give them confidence right? 

No comments: