Friday, August 1, 2008

Higher Education

I started reading 'The Chronicles of Narnia' to Nubbin the other night thinking that he would enjoy a book with a story line.

I got through two paragraphs of 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' before he stopped me and said, 'Where are the pictures, mommy?' I gently explained to him that he had to use his imagination which is when your mind creates pictures in your head.

He looked at me and said, 'I don't want to use my mind.' After which, he handed me a picture book about trucks and said, 'Here, this book has more pictures.'

I'm laughing because I genuinely expected my 3 year old to be able to sit through reading a novel (I had high hopes to read a chapter a night)... HE'S THREE! WHAT WAS I THINKING? silly me.

2 comments:

MOMjNana said...

This is his Nana LOL!!!!!

Getz Gang said...

try it again when he's about 5!