So, Nubbin's best friend's mom approached me several months back and said, 'Our sons have birthdays a day apart. Let's do a party together for all their preschool friends.' Me, not knowing what this would entail (how naive I was to think that this just might be a playdate with cake) said, 'That sounds like a great idea! let's do it!'
Fast forward. Those two had a party that blew away even my relatively sane mind. 18 kids plus parents in our backyard. We had a magician with a parrot, decorations including a painted picture of 'Pete the pirate', a treasure hunt, a craft that entailed jeweling your own treasure box to hold the treasures from the hunt and lunch with cake and ice cream. It doesn't sound like much when I write it out... maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.
Husband said that he would have done it differently. How so? no magician, less fanfare. I agree. next year. less fanfare. more cake.
1 comment:
What a wonderful birthday experiencefor Nubbin and a great party for evertyone, parents included! You were so creative and the photos are great! Maybe you can plan my 70th!
Post a Comment